Title: Are you too busy to improve?
Though we all know that change is the only constant thing in business, people are way too resistant to it, even if it is promises a positive impact on the bottom line. Why is it so? Few things off my head that I see way too often are:
- They are too busy and firefighting takes priority
- People are skeptical, i.e. it is easy to accept the known devils than to be challenged by unknown angels
- They are way too comfortable with the current scenario, and many more
Alright, let's hit the bull's eye. Here are top 5 things that you can do to get the nod from the people that matter:
- Address Personal Concerns First - Tailor information to people's expectations
- Talk the language of the recipient - avoid jargons
- Demonstrate clear cost advantages
- Make it local and concrete
- Be clear and open about how the changes will affect your staff – talk of pros and cons
Lastly - stay calm and never give up!!